Happy Thursday, Port Jefferson! These are the most important things happening around town today.
First, today’s weather forecast:
A morning shower. High: 68, low: 55.
Here are the top 5 stories in Port Jefferson today:
- Save the date for Maker Faire Long Island 2022 in Port Jefferson! The community is invited to the fantastic show and indicates where our local inventors will display their creations. All ages are welcome. The event will take place on June 11 at Harbourfront Park, Port Jefferson Village Center and the Long Island Explorium Museum. (PJCofC)
- Port Jefferson Earl L. Vandermeulen High School Broadcasting Course students attended Stony Brook University’s BASH (Broadcast Awards for Senior High), earning second place in the Best Anchor Team category. (Press Release Office)
- The Port Jefferson Free Library will screen “Encanto” on Saturday, May 21, from noon to 2 p.m. An adult must accompany children under 9 years old. Registration is not required. (PJFL)
- Stony Brook Pediatrics has published a guide for parents struggling with formula shortages. the Baby Formula Advisory from Stony Brook’s Department of Pediatrics offers advice and alternative brands that can be substituted based on each child’s needs. (Stony Brook News)
- A canine festival is coming to Port Jefferson! The Village’s first Dog Dock-diving will take place July 23-24 at Caroline Avenue Ball Field in Port Jefferson. Registrations for the event are open now! (Newsday/Subscription required)
From our sponsor:
Today’s newsletter is brought to you in part by Ring, a partner of the Patch brand. Whether you’re working from home or streaming your favorite movies, the new Ring Alarm Pro gives you an internet connection you can rely on while keeping your home safe.
To learn more about the innovative security system or build your own custom system, visit Ring here.
- Port Jefferson Free Library: “Come visit our quail before they leave us to go to the CEED to learn how to live outside and then be released into the wild. No time to stop at the library? Check out our Livestream!” (Facebook)
- The new restaurant replacing the Pentimento in Stony Brook has announced its opening under the new name “Luca”. The spot’s new owner, David Tunney, works with a modern Italian-style menu with homemade ingredients. (Big LI)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
- North Shore Community Band VETERANS TRIBUTE CONCERT (May 20)
- The greatest show! Handbell concert (May 21)
- Hallockville Museum Farm Fleece & Fiber Festival (May 22)
- Add your event
Thanks for following and staying informed! See you soon.
— Debora WhiteHead
About me: Do you have a story idea? Please get in touch with me! I would love to hear from you! Wife, mom, foodie, traveler and nature lover.
Got a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Port Jefferson Daily? Contact me at PortJefferson@Patch.com.