ROCKVILLE, Md., Feb. 16 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — The global NGS sample preparation market is expected to exceed a valuation of US$4 billion by 2031, growing at a whopping CAGR of around 16% over the period 2021-2031. forecast period, according to a recent market report by award-winning consulting firm Fact.MR. Next-generation sequencing (NGS) has revolutionized genomic research, paving the way for highly efficient diagnosis of numerous chronic and infectious diseases, a fact that bodes well for the growth of the market.
Historically, the market has seen significant gains, surpassing US$750 million in value in 2019. In recent years, NGS has been widely deployed in clinical oncology to advance personalized cancer treatment. The technique has proven useful in identifying novel and rare cancer mutations, detecting carriers of familial cancer mutations, and providing molecular rationale for appropriate targeted therapy.
As a result, leading manufacturers are introducing a multitude of sample preparation products, with opportunities abounding in Asian markets. For example, in May 2021, BGI Group signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Ethiopian Institute of Biotechnology (EBiT) to conduct the HPV genotyping pilot project and perform 2,000 sample screenings in Ethiopia, in order to establish a new model for screening, diagnosis and treatment of HPV.
For more market insights, request a sample of this report: https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=S&rep_id=5932
How lucrative is the growth prospect for NGS sample preparation in the United States?
The presence of a robust healthcare system primarily bolsters the prospects for adoption of NGS sample preparation in the United States. The presence of large clinical laboratories to understand disease progression and epidemiology using NGS is increasing the adoption of various sample preparation products.
The bulk of NGS sample preparation products are expected to be used in the field of oncology, with leading players such as Illumina Inc. working tirelessly to develop NGS-based in vitro diagnostic solutions for the Cancer. Other prominent players include Bio-Rad Laboratories, Agilent Technologies, and Thermo Fisher, among others.
Why are NGS sample preparation manufacturers looking to India for future growth?
Over the years, India’s healthcare industry has seen some very lucrative gains, with value-based care, smart healthcare, and blockchain technology making significant strides. Moreover, NGS-based tests have gained major importance, given the increasing complexity of chronic and infectious diseases.
The deployment of NGS screening has been evident in key areas such as non-invasive prenatal testing, cancer diagnosis, and diagnosis of bacterial and viral infections. Prenatal screening is a very promising area as it can help couples conceiving to determine the presence of genetic disorders such as Down syndrome in the fetus.
Get customization on this report for specific research solutions: https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=RC&rep_id=5932
NGS Sample Preparation Market – Competitive Landscape
Offering new sampling products equipped with the latest technologies, collaborations with existing manufacturers, acquisitions, and securing regulatory approvals are some of the key expansion strategies relied upon by major market players . Here are some notable developments:
- In April 2021, QIAGEN NV launched the QIAseq DIRECT SARS-CoV-2 Kit, a viral genome enrichment and library preparation solution to dramatically reduce library turnaround times and the use of plastics for NGS
- In addition, Thermo Fisher Scientific has approved a definitive agreement to acquire PPD Inc. at a purchase price of US$17.4 billion with the goal of improving innovation and increasing drug development productivity and to promote advanced clinical research.
- In May 2021, Integrated DNA Technologies (IDT) Inc. acquired Swift Biosciences to augment its NGS library prep genomic kits for academic, translational and clinical research. IDT is a leader in the development and manufacturing of nucleic acid products for academic and commercial research, agriculture, medical diagnostics, pharmaceutical development and synthetic biology, while Swift develops and markets nucleic acid preparation kits. NGS libraries that maximize data production, provide complete coverage, and reduce sequencing. costs.
Profiled Key Companies
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- Merck KGaA (Merck Millipore)
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Promega Corporation
- Illumina Inc.
- Integrated DNA Technologies Inc. (Danaher Corporation)
- New England Biolabs
- Tecan Trading SA
Request a methodology and get an overview of our expertise: https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=RM&rep_id=5932
Key insights from market research
- Strong demand for NGS sample preparation kits, reagents and consumables
- By application, NGS sample preparation for drug and biomarker discovery is poised to reach higher echelons
- Academic and research institutions will remain the primary end users of NGS sample preparation
- Presence of a robust healthcare system to pivot sales of NGS sample prep products across the United States
- India to widely deploy NGS sample preparation products to increase prenatal screening
Key Market Segments Covered
type of product
- NGS Sample Preparation Instruments
- NGS sample preparation kits, reagents and consumables
- Preparation of NGS samples for drug and biomarker discovery
- Preparation of NGS samples for diagnosis
- NGS sample preparation for precision drugs
- animal research
Purchase a Premium Copy of the NGS Sample Preparation Marketplace: https://www.factmr.com/checkout/5932
- Hospitals and diagnostic centers
- Biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies
- Academic and research institutes
Explore Fact.MR’s healthcare coverage –
Amniotic Membrane Market- Growing demand for these tissue-based products in ophthalmic surgeries owing to their quick recovery properties is expected to play a significant role in driving the market over the forecast period. Additionally, the growing demand for cosmetic surgeries is expected to drive the market.
Animal Vaccines Market– Growing presence of well-established pharmaceutical companies striving for large-scale commercialization of their vaccines and propelling their geographical reach in countries like the United States and Canada is expected to drive the market growth. In addition, the high prevalence of livestock diseases and zoonoses leading to large-scale animal deaths is a major concern in the region.
Veterinary Artificial Insemination Market– Growing demand for improved animal efficiency and productivity, demand for animal protein, support initiatives from industry players, need for sustainable food production and adoption of sexed semen in developing markets are some of the major drivers of this market.
Market research and consulting agency that makes the difference! That’s why 80% of Fortune 1000 companies trust us to make their most critical decisions. Although our experienced consultants use the latest technology to extract hard-to-find information, we believe that our USP is the trust our clients place in our expertise. Covering a wide spectrum – from automotive and Industry 4.0 to healthcare and retail, our coverage is extensive, but we ensure that even the most niche categories are analyzed. Our sales offices in the USA and Dublin, Ireland. Headquarters based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Contact us with your goals and we will be a competent research partner.
USA Sales Office:
11140 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852
Tel: +1 (628) 251-1583